How can you qualify for the credit?
- You must be enrolled in a program that leads to a degree, certificate or other recognized educational credential.
- You must be enrolled as a full time student for at least half of the school year.
- You cannot have any felony drug convictions.
- The credit can only be taken for the first four years of education.
What expenses qualify for the credit?
- Tuition and fees
- Course materials as long as they are required by the institution.
You can find out more from the IRS website or you can email me and I will do my best to answer your questions.